If your circumstances change

You must keep the Council up to date if your circumstances change. For example, if you have a baby, a partner moves into your home, someone who lived with you moves out of your home or you change your address, telephone or email address, you should inform the Council about this and provide supporting evidence. 

If you feel there are changes you need to make to your application then please go online to your housing register application and complete a change of circumstance form. You need to log in to your Lewisham Find Your Home and:

  • Click on ‘Your Account’ in blue at the top of the page
  • Click on ‘Have your circumstances changed?’ in the blue box on the right
  • Click on ‘Continue’ and complete the questionnaire. The form should take around 40 minutes to complete.

If you are submitting a change in circumstances, you will be expected to provide supporting documentation when you submit your request. Information about what you need to upload or send to us can be found in the social housing application checklist. Once all proof documents have been received to verify your application, your application will be assessed in line with the new Housing Allocations Policy and you will be placed into Band 1, 2, 3 or 4.

If you do not send the information we ask for within 28 days of submitting your request, it will be closed and you will remain in your current band.


You must let Housing Benefit know if your circumstances change in the following ways:

  • your benefits stop or you start claiming benefits
  • you start work or stop work
  • your earnings increase or decrease
  • your savings or capital increase
  • someone leaves or moves into the household
  • you’ve moved from your temporary accommodation or private rented accommodation on your own accord.

You can submit information about a change in circumstances to Housing Benefit on this web page.